Unable to install Megan Ultimate edition

Dear Meganer,
I am receiving the following error message after installation and when click to start, I received the following error message:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The APP_OPEN_FILE action is not supported on the current platform!
at java.desktop/java.awt.Desktop.checkActionSupport(Desktop.java:380)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Desktop.setOpenFileHandler(Desktop.java:751)
at megan6u/megan6u.main.Megan6Ultimate.main(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at com.install4j.runtime/com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:84)
at com.install4j.runtime/com.install4j.runtime.launcher.UnixLauncher.start(UnixLauncher.java:66)
at install4j.megan6u.main.Megan6Ultimate.main(Unknown Source)
Uncaught error fetching image:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.java:101)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:111)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:263)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:212)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:176)

Could you please provide more details, e.g. what operating system are you trying to install under? (Looks like linux?)
Also, which version of MEGAN?

Hi Daniel,
I am using Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS, and the Megan version that I am using is MEGAN_Ultimate_unix_6_20_17.

I have previously been using the regular version (not the ultimate version) on the same ubuntu machine and have not had problems with running the program.

I have found the bug and will upload a fix today (release 6.20.19)

@Daniel I am trying to download the latest version of MEGAN on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, but when I try to download the unix version of MEGAN it opens up in Notepad ++.

MEGAN_Community_unix_6_21_10.sh.

Is there a way to download MEGAN 6.21.10 on the command line?

I’m not sure why it is opening in Notepad for you. I just tried this on Ubuntu. In general, installation is a two step process.

1. Download the installer. Either use your web-browser or use wget, like this:

wget https://software-ab.cs.uni-tuebingen.de/download/megan6/MEGAN_Ultimate_unix_6_24_12.sh

1. Launch the installer from the command-line:

chmod u+x MEGAN_Ultimate_unix_6_24_12.sh
./MEGAN_Ultimate_unix_6_24_12.sh -c

I will try this out thank you!