SAMPLE VIEWER "Execute failed: java.io.IOException..."

Hello everyone,

when I try to upload the metadata input file, I get a series of errors and no mapping file is added to my MEGAN session.
I always use QIIME and my metadata input is the same mapping file (.txt) I use for the analysis, so it works and follows the parameters, such as tabs-separated fields, first line as #SampleID, BarcodeSequence ecc. Never had problems in QIIME (v 1.8.0). The data I use is the biom file generated with QIIME.

When it comes to MEGAN (v 6.8.13), I get these:

Command usage: show window=samplesViewer; - Opens the Samples Viewer
null
Error: Execute failed: java.io.IOException
Exception in thread “JavaFX Application Thread” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javafx.stage.Window.impl_getWindows()Ljava/util/Iterator;
at org.controlsfx.tools.Utils.getWindow(Utils.java:50)
at org.controlsfx.control.Notifications$NotificationPopupHandler.show(Notifications.java:310)
at org.controlsfx.control.Notifications.show(Notifications.java:269)
at megan.fx.NotificationsInSwing$1.run(NotificationsInSwing.java:203)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$9(PlatformImpl.java:418)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:417)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(GtkApplication.java:277)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

Induced tree has 2,308 of 1,601,131 nodes

Executing: show window=samplesViewer;
Exception in thread “JavaFX Application Thread” java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.controlsfx.control.spreadsheet.GridBase (in unnamed module @0x4c02401) cannot access class com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager (in module javafx.base) because module javafx.base does not export com.sun.javafx.event to unnamed module @0x4c02401
at org.controlsfx.control.spreadsheet.GridBase.(GridBase.java:106)
at megan.samplesviewer.DataGrid.(DataGrid.java:51)
at megan.samplesviewer.SamplesSpreadSheet.createMainNode(SamplesSpreadSheet.java:505)
at megan.samplesviewer.SamplesSpreadSheet.initFxLater(SamplesSpreadSheet.java:582)
at megan.samplesviewer.SamplesSpreadSheet.access$1100(SamplesSpreadSheet.java:61)
at megan.samplesviewer.SamplesSpreadSheet$7.run(SamplesSpreadSheet.java:564)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$9(PlatformImpl.java:418)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:417)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(GtkApplication.java:277)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

What can I do? What’s the problem?
Thanks in advance.

The problem is that you need to use the Oracle Java Runtime Environment, not OpenJDK.
This is described in other posts in this forum (search for linux)