Problem importing reads.daa file

Hi, I am new MEGAN user and new in metagenomics analysis. I have been trying to upload reads.daa file generated by DIAMOND to MEGAN and I receive this error message:
Execute failed: java.io.IOException: DAA file contains multiple ref_names blocks, not implemented.
I am doing this on Windows. I have been looking for answer but so far unsuccessfully… Is there something wrong with my reference database? Am I skipping any steps of analysis?

Hi,

Did you meganize your daa with viewers you would like to use?
file>Meganize .daa file

Dear Ania,

Thanks for your comment. After I try to meganize my .daa file, it gives me :
Meganizing file: C:\Users\X\Desktop\reads.daa
Error: DAA file contains multiple ref_names blocks, not implemented.
Info: Finished meganzing 1 files. ERRORS: 1

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Any advice is appreciated :slight_smile:

BW,
M

Hi,

How do the headers in your database file look like? Was there any problem in creating the DIAMOND index for your database?

Dear Rewati27,

[X@login2.arc2 protein]$ head -v nr.faa
==> nr.faa <==

EEI79724.1 hypothetical protein HMPREF0175_2110, partial [Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum ATCC 55813]
MSEEDKVPSPDGVGVVPEPEPETVRRRPKWLAPVAAGCVLVLLAVGGVAGYRVWSARELASARTACAVAADGARGAANDY
NAVVNGKAADASAVTVDQVKDARTVDALAKALKTTAPEYEGCLAGSKAGLDEATSKLDRQAAWYKTHAASLGK
EEI79725.1 hypothetical protein HMPREF0175_2111, partial [Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum ATCC 55813]
AAQAAAAQAQAQQQAQSYGGGYSYGGGTGYTGGGYTGDGYTGGGTYTPPATGGGNGGGSASSGPISGAQGCGNSCTGTDD
GYYHH
EEI79726.1 hypothetical protein HMPREF0175_2109, partial [Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum ATCC 55813]
RPVAAWEPDSGRGYVDVSSCGQTMLIAVWCRLQEEDAVQPPGVGMLVLPFVR
EEI79727.1 hypothetical protein HMPREF0175_2108, partial [Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum ATCC 55813]
RVENLLNRDFTADRPWVKLGTDVTEFRVADGKAYPAPVYDMGSKEIVAWDVSRHPDMAQQRRLLAMLEEKLPEDADPILH
Actually, I cant see any headers here. Maybe the command is wrong?

Should I try

$diamond view -a reads.daa -reads.m8

in DIAMOND?

Thanks,
M

please send me a small file that exhibits the problem and I will take a look
D

Dear Daniel,

I have solved the problem by blasting the reads and converting them to .m8 format in Diamond. Actually, > view command did not work for me either so i blasted the reads again using

diamond blastx -d nr -q $1 -o matches.m8

was a success. I can upload it to MEGAN and do the analysis. Thanks for helping me!

BW,
M